Guideline on the Use of Built-in Antenna
Pay attention to the following to use the pattern antenna configured on the substrate. Although the wireless performance of the antenna is degraded if placed in a case, this degradation could be reduced by reference to this guideline. Also, we offer the antennae suitable for being placed in the enclosure.
Make sure to conduct the wireless test using a simulated enclosure prior to development.
- Place an antenna around which there is no metal object. In particular, there must not be any metal plate or grounding pattern around the antenna as these objects give a significant impact on it (for instance, "exposure of the direction of the radio emission direction with a case made of metal plates at the back side" represents the arrangement that is likely to totally impair the performance.
- Keep the whole circumference of the pattern antenna (see (3) below) 10cm or more away from any metal object.
- A non-metallic case is recommended.
A case of mesh metal could deteriorate performance.
A case with a single side made of metal could also deteriorate performance.
- The use of an external antenna is recommended if you use a metal case.
- Use resin bolts and nuts for the mounting holes close to the antenna.
- Place the antenna vertically so the maximized performance is expected.
- Keep the antenna away from other wireless antennae (e.g. wireless LAN).
- Wireless Products Overview
- Wireless Engine
- TWE Lite DIP
- Evaluation, Development
- Evaluation & Development Kit
- Sensor Network Evaluation Kit
- Avaliable Antennae
- Protocol Stack
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Energy Harvesting Technology
- M2M Wireless Communications
- HEMS / BEMS / FEMS / CEMS
- Internet of Things